Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Maxi[mize] Dress







(Thrifted jean jacket and belt, breadandbutter maxi dress, black lily bag, H&M sunglasses, YSL lip color, Beanie made by grandma)
Hype!
The one thing I would love to learn how to do (if only I had the time for it), is to knit. There are so many knit hats and slouchy sweaters that I adore, but simply don't want to pay for it. I pointed a slouchy beanie out to my grandma several months ago and she knit three identical ones in different colors on the spot. I love all of them and wish I could make some of my own!

I've had this jacket for a couple years and bought it at the Painted Bird on Guerrero Street and 24th. The Painted Bird might even be my favorite thrift store in San Francisco. They have fabulous finds and it's quite a bit cheaper than some of the thrift stores on Haight Street. In fact, I could probably say that all my favorite vintage pieces have come from that store. Plus, the tiny size of the store makes it much less overwhelming than walking into a Goodwill or even Crossroads. Can't miss anything there!


via: carolinesmode
As much as I love my jean jacket, I'm dying to buy a jean button down and maybe even some patched jeans like these ones. The skinny patched jeans on the right are from H&M and much cheaper than the Chloé ones seen on the left (as much as I love those too!).

28 comments:

  1. I love your personal style!
    It looks like great fashion comes very naturally to you.

    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beanies!!! This past Christmas I knitted one for my friend because she was totally obsessed with the ones I would normally wear to school!

    <3
    Follow:
    http://alittle-rae-ofsunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! The maxi looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Thank you for proving that blue jean jackets are still cool! I love this. I love the beanie especially. Soooo cool.


    www.theairconditionedgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beanie and the maxi dress = awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this outfit!
    everything from the maxi dress, the denim jacket and the beanie!

    thanks for dropping by my blog..
    gizellefaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!
    Insane outfit!
    I loves it!!! It looks so effortless!!



    chloehasflair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow stunning !! love the dress & the jacket ! yes, there are so many times i wish i could knit! my nana once taught me, and it completely wiped from my mind :) ah well best leave it to the professionals :)

    amazing!
    http://sweetcstyle.blogspot.com/2010/01/jacket.html -- please give me your honest opinion? that would be amazing!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow!! Love this look at all!!
    thk you for your kindly comment!
    xoxo
    Irene's closet

    http://ireneccloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Maxi Dress! How i wish I've got thrift store here :<

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dress! Maxi it is

    http://samanthaisgoldy.blogg.se/

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute outfit! love that your grams knit that beanie! awesomeness.

    next time you go to painted bird swing by my little vintage shop on 22nd & Folsom!

    http://www.thegoodshopsf.bigcartel.com/

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you look so amazing in that maxi dress! Beautiful. Im still a little scared of them but i think I defo want to get one to try for this summer after seeing you look so cute in yours...

    Oh and btw I have a giveaway on my blog right now if anyone wants to check it out - http://www.somewherehere.net/2010/01/just-to-say-thank-you-to-my-followers.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love maxi dresses with jeans or leather:)always looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comment!

    You look FAB in this outfit!! I LOVE your maxi dress.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely outfit
    so chic and atemporal

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love that you're wearing a hat from your grandma. handmade is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the maxi dress, perfect for layering :)

    xo
    bravegrrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I were tall enough to wear maxi-dresses!
    And those jeans are an amazing find, they are soo similar...

    http://victoria-s-ecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. The maxi dress looks fantastic! Way to make it work for winter :)
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been seeing those jeans everywhere on blogs! They're amazing. Your maxi dress is so simply chic.

    retrofancy.blogspot.com/
    subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It works so good with the denim jacket!The hat completes the chic look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG i love that dress...great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this look - how you made the maxi dress look great for winter! Impressed :)

    lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete